Saturday, December 7, 2013

XPREZO T-29 race bike

For 2014 I will be riding a nice handmade steel 29er by a local compagny named XPREZO. They are a small business here in Canada, welding their frame in house, painting, etc. They are a small bunch of passionate guys and im looking foward to working with them as a rider.

I've got my frameset yesterday, a nice T-29, 29er hardtail built with Columbus Zona tubes. The nude frame (before painting) weights 1600g in medium size. My frame weighted in at 2002g including the pressfit GXP bottom bracket and the lower headset fitting. It has a race geometry and a rear 142x12mm axle.

I thought a canadian handmade steel 29er would be somewhat exotic so I plan on updating my blog as the build progresses. I already got a good bunch of parts and they are not the lightest but they are reliable. My first concern is reliability because I am training and racing a lot on my bike. My target weight would be 10,5kg though im not sure I can reach that goal with the current parts I have and intend to use for this build.

Of course there are plenty of photos to come with weights and scale shots :)

Anyways, here are a few shots of the frameset.










No comments:

Post a Comment